Link to website of Polish activities:
1. Samorząd Doktorantów Instytut Podstawowych Problemów Techniki PAN has opened new web page about open access model and organized on October 10 the first seminar for PhD students in Warsaw on open access to knowledge. More information about the meeting can be found on the Institute web page.
2. Coalition for Open Education is working on Recommendation of Open Access for to the world of science. It will be published and distributed to the scientific community on October 18-24.
3. Instytutu Biochemii i Biofizyki PAN (Warsaw) is organising a series of lectures titled: Learning 2.0 – the practical aspects of the Internet revolution in science. Dates of lectures: 18.10, 25.10 and 8.11 (Mondays) at. 10.00 in Hall E of Instytutu Biochemii i Biofizyki PAN, ul. Pawińskiego 5a. Lectures is chaired by dr Paul Felix (Instytutu Biochemii i Biofizyki PAN / University of Warsaw).
4. Seminar on open science within Warsaw the Science and Academic Book Fair ACADEMIA 2010, 21.X. (Thursday, 12.00), Main Lecture Hall of the Main Building of the Warsaw University of Technology.
5. Pedagogical Library in Gorzów Wielkopolski is organising a workshops about open access for students of Polish philology at Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa w Gorzowie Wlkp, on October 29 and November 19. Moderator: Maja Wilczewska-Wojczyszyn.