Participation of the University of Porto in the 6th edition of the International Open Access Week
Since last week that U.Porto has spread the news about the International Open Access Week within its academic and scientific community and about the activities that started yesterday with the creation of a specific area at the Information System of the university, dedicated to open access events that occur during these days - https://sigarra.up.pt/reitoria/pt/web_base.gera_pagina?p_pagina=1012466.
Activities carried out:
- Delivery of posters: 14 Faculties of U.Porto, Porto Business School, I&RD Centers and Units (such as IPATIMUP, IBMC, CIIMAR and CIPES), Rectorate of U.Porto and e-Learning Café – The .pdf is available in the area of information system created specifically for this purpose;
- Delivery of bookmarks in PT and UK versions at the institutions identified above. These bookmarks disclose the institutional U.Porto repository and its scientific and thematic areas. The .pdf are available in the same area of the Information System - https://sigarra.up.pt/reitoria/pt/web_base.gera_pagina?p_pagina=1012466;
- Creation of banners that publicize the disclosure of the International Open Access Week;
- Publication of the banners mentioned above in the information systems of U.Porto;
- Delivery of flyers published with the purpose of clarifying different aspects of Open Access: What is Open Access? / Benefits of Open Access / Roads to Open Access / Self-archive in institutional repositories – Green Road to Open Access / Open Access Journals – Gold Road to Open Access / Self-archive and authors’ rights / Citations to articles – Effect of Open Access / DOI - Digital Object Identifier / DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals / History of Open Access. Flyers (.PDF) are available for download in the area of U.Porto information system created specifically for the International Open Access Week;
- Providing the photographic records of the initiatives in the Internet;
- Delivery of magnetic bookmarks at the institutions of the University of Porto. These bookmarks disclose the International Open Access Week and the Open Repository of U.Porto;
- The International Open Access Week is being followed at the social networks of the U.Porto - Facebook and Twitter (News about de International Open Access Week and U.Porto initiatives);
- News about the growth of the Thematic Repository U.Porto, almost all collections in open access (new contents published in open access and about entities of the University that recently integrated the institutional repository).